You love the neighborhood, but your home could use a facelift. Good News! Your Veterans Administration (VA) home loan benefits has been given a significant upgrade.
You can now refinance your current home to make repairs or improvements. Whether, it’s updating a kitchen or bathroom, or adding new appliances – this new renovation loan can help turn the house you like into one you’ll love.
Take Advantage of These Additional Features:
- No down Payment required for eligible veterans
- Roll in renovation cost into one loan, with one application and one monthly payment
- Start repair work immediately after closing
- Potentially increase your home’s equity with improvements
- Renovate loan amount up to 25% of the home’s as-completed value
- LTV/CLTV – 100%
- Property – 1 unit
- Occupancy – Primary only
- Time to Complete – 90 Days
- Additional guidelines on VA Renovation portal
- Repairs and final inspection completed lesser of 90 days or as approved by the Renovation department
- Maximum repairs 25% of the after complete value.
- Roof: repair or replacement (covering, underlayment)
- Gutters/downspouts: install/repair/replace
- Insulation: ceilings/walls/asbestos removal
- Paint: interior/exterior/lead paint abatement
- Kitchen: all appliances/cabinets/ total
- Electrical: repair/replace/recondition all
- Plumbing: repair/replace/recondition all
- Repair/Replace HVAC or other systems
- Repairing or removing an in-ground swimming pool
- Installing or repairing fences, walkways and driveways
- Termite treatment/damage repair
- Repairing or replacement of well and septic- *See appraisal section of the guidelines for specific requirements
- Weatherization items/repairs/ improvements
- Foundation Repair
- Finish Basements and attics
Take Advantage of the benefits of VA home loans you honorably earned!
The VA home loan is one of the best benefits available to current of former service members.
The advantages are second to none.
Please fill out the contact form below and I will contact you shortly.